Last month I was able to see Lady Antebellum in concert. I loved them so much I bought their whole CD. This is unusual for me because I never buy CD's I usually just buy individual songs from iTunes. But as I was listening to their cd, one of the songs really stuck out. It is one of my new favorite songs and it has an awesome message. Its called One Day You Will (click to hear the song) and here are the lyrics-
You feel like you're falling backwards
Like you're slippin' through the cracks
Like no one would even notice
If you left this town and never came back
You walk outside and all you see is rain
You look inside and all you feel is pain
And you can't see it now
[Chorus]But down the road the sun is shining
In every cloud there's a silver lining
Just keep holding on (just keep holding on)
And every heartache makes you stronger
But it won't be much longer
You'll find love, you'll find peace
And the you you're meant to be
I know right now that's not the way you feel
But one day you will
You wake up every morning and ask yourself
What am I doing here anyway
With the weight of all those disappointments
Whispering in your ear
You're just barely hanging by a thread
You wanna scream but you're down to your last breath
And you don't know it yet
But down the road the sun is shining
In every cloud there's a silver lining
Just keep holding on (just keep holding on)
And every heartache makes you stronger
But it won't be much longer
You'll find love, you'll find peace
And the you you're meant to be
I know right now that's not the way you feel
But one day you will
Find the strength to rise above
You will find just what you're made of, you're made of
But down the road the sun is shining
In every cloud there's a silver lining
Just keep holding on (just keep holding on)
And every heartache makes you stronger
But it won't be much longer
You'll find love, you'll find peace
And the you you're meant to be
I know right now that's not the way you feel
But one day you will
One day you will
Oh one day you will
They are very powerful lyrics that gives some encouragement for hard times. I have been thinking alot about life and everything and everyone in my life. This past weekend was the end of my career at working at the ball fields. I have worked there for 5 years and have had the best of times there. The ladies I work with are AMAZING and I am going to miss them. I didn't think that I would ever cry knowing that I would be done working there but as I gave Jacquie a hug I started tearing up because memories from the past years brought tears to my eyes. She really helped me get through alot of hard times that I have faced and I know I couldn't have done it without her.
Yesterday was also my Uncle Mike's birthday. I looked back on all the memories I had with him and his family. I love them and miss him everyday. Songs like this give me strength to move on because trials really do make us stronger and without mine I would not be where I am today. Sometimes its hard to see the sun shining down the road but its so comforting to know that we will find the peace and love that we need. I am so grateful for the family that I have. I honestly think that I have the best family EVER because we have so much love and support for each other and we would do anything for each other.
3 years ago
3 comments:
Tiff, this song is really great! Thanks for sharing such a happy uplifting message! :)
Love the song Tiff!! YOU are so awesome!! Love ya, Jill
i have never heard that song before . I loved it thanks for sharing. Love ya and miss ya
Post a Comment